Chandrakala Sweet Recipe in Tamil
Anyone can make this chandrakala sweet recipe easily. This method of making chandrakala sweet is similar to sweet samosa recipe. The stuffing i have used in this sweet is milk koa. The other name of this sweet is gujiya sweet. You could learn well this recipe from the embedded Tamil video below.
All purpose flour / Maida – 1 cup
Salt – pinch
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Water for sugar syrup – 3/4 cup
Coconut pieces – 2 tbsp
Almon chopped – 1 tbsp
Plain khoa – 150g
Cardamom pdr – 1/4 tsp
Sugar pdr – 4 tbsp
1. Fry coconut pieces using 1/2 tsp of ghee. Set aside.
2. In a wide bowl add plain khoa, sugar pdr, fried coconut pieces, cardamom pdr, almonds and make a tight dough. Filling for chandrakala sweet is ready. Set aside.
3. In a pot add 3/4 cup of sugar and 3/4 cup of water and let it boil for 5 to 6 minutes on high flame. Before you turn off the flame check the consistency. If you pour a ladle of sugar syrup, it has to be poured like a silky thread. Set this syrup aside.
4. In a bowl add all purpose flour, pinch of salt and make a medium tight dough ( like chapati dough ) Let it stay for 15 minutes.
5. Now take a lemon sized ball out of the dough. Roll this ball into a small poori size. Put 2 tsp of stuffing in the center and fold it like a half moon. Seal the edges and start to do the spirals. ( watch video for this step ). Pinch the excess dough and set aside.
6. Heat deep frying oil, and deep fry these chandrakala sweets in batches till crisp.
Written by: Kannathal chinniah