Chicken biryani pressure cooker method in Tamil- How to make
This pressure cooker chicken biryani method is often repeated in our house as it is very easy and simple to follow. When you have all the ingredients ready, this non veg biryani making process consumes very little time. Seivathu eppadi endra Tamil video ingu inaikkapattullathu.
Chicken – 200 g
Basmathi rice – 1 cup ( 2 cup of water )
Chopped onion – 1
Green chilli – 1
Tomato – 1
Garlic – 4
Ginger – 1 inch
Mint leaves – 1/4 cup
Curd – 2 tbsp
Chilli pdr – 1 tbsp
Fennel seed pdr – 1/2 tsp
Poppy seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf, cardamom – few
1. Soak a cup of rice in 2 cups of water for 1 hour.
2. Grind ginger, garlic, poppy seeds, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, mint leaves, curd, chilli pdr and fennel pdr to fine paste.
3. Heat 3 tsp of oil in kadai, add bay leaf, saute onion, tomato, chicken for 5 minutes on slow flame. Then add ground masal and salt. For pressure cooking this chicken curry we need 3 pressure sounds. But now allow it to cook for 2 sounds and the third sound will be along with rice later. ( chicken should be cooked 75% ).
4. Assume the left over water with cooked chicken. Chicken doesn’t need water for further cooking. Rice needs only 2 cup of water to cook. So according to the left over water with chicken, reduce the amount of water poured with rice. Adjust salt. Let it cook for a sound on high flame.
5. Finally garnish chicken biryani with cliantro and serve it with Carrot Cucumber Tender Coconut Raita
Written by: Kannathal chinniah