Chicken Fried Rice Recipe in Tamil
Try this Easy chicken fried rice recipe, which is prepared in a indo chinese style. Tamil video of this recipe is embedded below
To Cook Rice
Basmathi rice – 1 cup ( water 2 cups )
Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
Green chilli – 1
Oil – 2 tbsp
To Marinate Chicken
Chicken 150g ( cut into very small pieces )
Pepper pdr – 1/2 tsp
Cumin pdr – 1/2 tsp
Curd – 2 tbsp
Butter – 2 cubes
Soy sauce – 1 tsp + 1 tsp ( 1 tsp to marinate + 1 tsp to mix with egg and chicken )
1. Soak basmathi rice in measured water ( 1 cup rice + 2 cups water ) for one hour.
2. Add ginger garlic paste, green chilli, 1 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves and salt with soaked rice. Pressure cook the rice for a sound on high flame.
3. In a pan boil chicken pieces for 3 minutes on high flame. After that remove it from hot water.
4. Add salt, pepper pdr, cumin pdr, curd, soy sauce and coriander leaves with partially cooked chicken pieces. Marinate chicken pieces with all the above ingredients, let it sit for 30 minutes.( Boiling chicken pieces in hot water gives soft texture and less frying time ).
5. Beat the egg with little salt, cumin pdr, coriander leaves and pepper pdr. In a pan heat 2 tsp of oil, when it is hot pour beaten egg and stir it continuously to avoid sticking at the bottom. When it curds, turn off the stove and set the scrambled egg aside.
6. In the same pan heat 2 tsp of oil, saute onion, curry leaves till it turns brown. Set it aside with scrambled egg.
7. Fry marinated chicken in 4 tsp of butter around 5 minutes on high flame. Now add scrambled egg, sauteed onions with fried chicken pieces ( make sure chicken pieces are cooked well before you add scrambled egg and onions ). Add 1 tsp of soy sauce. Mix it well.
8. Finally add cooked rice with prepared chicken mixture, stir chicken fried rice gently on low flame for 2 to 4 minutes.
9. Garnish chicken fried rice with cilantro and serve with raita
Written by: Kannathal chinniah