Chilli parotta recipe in Tamil – Restaurant chili paratha
( Tamil video of this restaurant style chilli parotta is embedded below )
Parottas – 2
Maida / all purpose flour – 1 cup
Chicken 65 masala pdr – 1 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
Chopped onion – 1 cup ( to saute )
Onion – 1/4 cup ( to grind )
Chilli pdr – 1/2 tsp ( to grind )
Almonds – 6 ( to grind )
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp ( to grind )
Soy sauce – 2 tsp
Tomato ketchup – 2 tbsp
1. Cut parottas into bite sized pieces. Set aside
2. Mix all purpose flour, chicken 65 masala pdr, ginger garlic paste with little salt into dosa batter consistency.
3. Heat frying oil in a pan. Dip parotta pieces into the all purpose flour mixture and drop it into the hot frying oil. Fry this parotta pieces till it turns brown. Set aside.
4. Grind 1/4 cup of onion, soy, chilli sauce, fennel seeds, 1/2 tsp of chilli pdr and almonds with little salt to fine paste – set aside.
5. In another pan heat 2 tbsp of oil and saute chopped onion and curry leaves ( you can add capsicum also ) till the onions turn tender. Now add ground onion paste with this sauteed onions and stir till it blends well.
6. This is the time to add fried parottas, mix it well with masala onions.
7. Serve this chilli parotta with onion raita.
Written by: Kannathal chinniah