Dahi Chicken masala recipe in Tamil / Yogurt chicken curry Tamil
( Tamil video of this recipe is embedded below )
Chicken – 1 1/4 kg
Chopped onion – 2 cup
Chopped garlic – 1/4 cup
cinnamon, cloves, cardamom – few
Curd – 1 cup
Mint leaves ( pudhina ) – 1/2 cup
Coriander pdr – 1 1/2 tsp
Cumin pdr – 3/4 tsp
Chili pdr – 1 /2 tsp ( to taste )
Black pepper pdr – 1/2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Mustard seed – 1/2 tsp
Fennel seed – 1/2 tsp
1. Add all the ingredients under ‘ To Marinate ‘ with cleaned chicken pieces. Mix it well and allow it to stand for 1 hour.
2. In a pan heat 3 to 4 tbsp of sesame oil and add mustard and fennel seeds with few curry leaves. Once it splutters saute garlic, onion till it turns tender. Then add cinnamon sticks, cloves, cardamom and marinated chicken, Mix it and cook for 10 minutes ( No need to add water )
3. Within 5 to 10 minutes chicken pieces begin to expel water. This water is enough for cooking. If you need add 1/4 cup of water.
4. Close the pan with suitable lid and allow it cook for 10 minutes on high flame. ( if you use pressure cooker let it cook for 2 to 3 pressure sounds )
5. Check the salt for cooked chicken
6. If any water left with cooked chicken let it dry up completely. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
7. Dahi chicken is ready to serve.
Written by: Kannathal chinniah