How to make soft chapati in Tamil – chapathi dough tips
( Seivathu eppadi endra Tamil video ingu inaikkapattullathu )
Wheat flour – 2 cup
Milk – 1/2 cup
Water to knead the dough
1. Add salt with wheat flour, mix it well before adding water so that salt can spread evenly.
2. Now knead the dough with milk and required water, Once it is gathered to a mass add 1/2 tsp of oil and knead it once again. Dough shoul not be as puri dough ( too tight ). Chapati from tight dough will be like hard roti. Let it sit for 1 hour.
3. After 1 hour, again add 2 tbsp of oil and knead it once. Now the dough will be very soft while kneading.
4. Make lemon sized balls form the dough, roll it to thin circles. Use dry wheat flour to dust while rolling. Using too much dry flour makes the chapati little bit hard.
5. For making first chapati put your stove on high flame, from next one keep the flame in both medium and low. Heat tawa , put rolled chapati and wait till small bubbles appear . Now flip it over and add a tsp of oil, let it cook for a minute till brown patches appear at the base.( do not add oil when you are roasting the first side, add a tsp of oil while you flipping it over )
6. Soft chapati is ready
Written by: Kannathal chinniah