Mushroom Rajma Curry in Tamil / chapati gravy seimurai
( Seivathu eppadi endra Tamil video ingu inaikkapattullathu )
Mushroom – 200 g
Kidney bean / rajma – 100 g
Onion – 1/4 cup ( to saute )
Garlic – 10 ( to saute )
Ghee – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves & cilantro
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Thick milk – 1/4 cup ( A cup of milk has been thickened by heating till the quantity reduced to 1/4 cup )
Onion – 3
Tomato – 4
Almonds – 7
Cardamom – 2
Ginger – 1 inch
Garlic – 6
Chilli pdr – 1/2 tsp
Coriander pdr – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala pdr – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp ( must add )
1. Grind all the ingredients under ‘ To Grind ‘ to fine paste.
2. Pressure cook the kidney beans for 2 or 3 pressure sounds. Set aside. ( I am using fresh beans in this video, it is not necessary to soak it in water, If it is dry beans it should be soaked in water for 7 to 8 hours before cooking. )
3. Heat a pan with 2 tsp of oil, crackle fennel seeds, then saute onion , garlic, curry leaves, mushroom for 2 minutes till the mixture blends well.
4. Add ground onion tomato gravy, and let it boil for 7 to 10 minutes.
5. Once the raw smell goes, add required water for gravy consistency, add salt, 1/2 tsp of ghee, cooked beans and again let it boil for 10 minutes.
6. Finally pour thickened milk and turn off the stove. Garnish it with coriander leaves. Mushroom rajma gravy is ready to serve.
Written by: Kannathal chinniah