Mutton liver fry / liver masala
Lamb liver is an excellent source of protein and minerals. Moderate consumption of liver can be beneficial owing to its nutritional profile, excessive consumption can be harmful due to its cholesterol content. Now let us learn to make mutton liver fry
Lamb liver – 250g
Onion – 2 no.
Tomato – 1
Garlic – 1/4 cup
Ginger – 2 inch ( crushed )
Green chilli – 1
Chili pdr – 1 1/2 tsp
Coriander pdr – 1 tsp
Pepper pdr – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Fennel seed – 1 tsp
1. Heat 3 tsp of oil in a kadai, add fennel seeds. once it starts to splatter add garlic, onion, ginger, green chili, ginger and saute till they turn tender.
2. Add chopped tomatoes and saute it till mushy. Then mix chilli pdr, corinder pdr, pepper pdr, and garam masala pdr. Stir for 2 minutes till the raw smell of the spices goes off.
3. It is the time to add lamb liver, add required salt and water. Cover the kadai and let this liver masala cook for 10 minutes on high flame. ( overcooking will turn the liver to rubbery )
4. Once it turns to masala texture, turn off the flame and garnish this mutton liver fry with coriander leaves.
- lamb liver g 250
- 1. Heat 3 tsp of oil in a kadai, add fennel seeds. once it starts to splatter add garlic, onion, ginger, green chili, ginger and saute till they turn tender.
Written by: Kannathal chinniah