Mysore pak sweet in Tamil – Sweet recipe
In this Mysore pak sweet gram flour and ghee are the main ingredients. This is our main diwali sweet recipe every year. Tamil video of this recipe is embedded below. Now let us learn to make mysore pa.
1. Besan flour ( Gram flour ) – 1 cup
2. Sugar – 1 1/4 cup
3. water for sugar syrup – 1/2 cup
4. any refined oil – 3/4 cup
5. ghee – 1/4 cup ( measure the ingredients with same cup )
6. Greased container
1. Take a flat container and keep it ready by greasing oil on sides ( SEE VIDEO )
2. Heat 2 tsp of oil and add it with gram flour. Mix it well without any lumps. It will look like breadcrumbs now.
3. In a saucepan add water and sugar and boil it till you get the right consistency. ( Take a plate with little water. When you pour the drop of syrup into the water it settle down at the bottom and you can take it again with your hands . This is the right consistency. This consistency is very important ) SEE VIDEO
4. In another pan heat oil and ghee , heat it up, keep it ready
5. Once the sugar syrup reaches its consistency sprinkle the gram flour with sugar syrup little by little, keep stirring to avoid lumps.
6. Keep adding the flour, stir it till the flour is well blended. ( This process should be done quickly )
7. By this time, pour the hot oil+ ghee at regular intervals with a deep scoop in the gram flour mixture. stirring is very important in making mysore pak
8. Ghee gets absorbed quickly and volume of flour will increase.
9. After few minutes it forms a slightly porous texture leaving out ghee at the sides. Now immediately transfer the mixture to the greased plate .
10. Allow it to set and harden for about 10 minutes. After that you can strain out the excess ghee and mark small pieces.
11. Cut into squares and store it in a air tight container. Mysore pak is ready to serve.
Mysore pak sweetPublished: 2015-04-26Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 30 minsSummaryIn this Mysore pak sweet gram flour and ghee are the main ingredients. This is our main diwali sweet recipe every year.
- 1 cup Besan flour
- 1. Take a flat container and keep it ready by greasing oil on sides
Serving size: 1 medium piece
Calories per serving: 250
Fat per serving: 30g