Pulikachal to make Puliyodharai
Puliyodhari seivathu eppadi endra seimurai Tamil video ingu inaikkapattullathu.
To Make Puliyodharai Podi
Fenugreek seed – 1 tbsp
Raw rice – 2 tbsp
Dry Chilli – 10 to 12 ( We need only a tsp or 2 tsp of puliyodharai podi, But we could not grind very less quantity in a mixer grinder, so for convenience i took some excess amount. We can store this podi and can be used in breakfast sambar , lunch kulambu for flavoring. Use 1 tsp of this puliyodharai podi to flavor kulambu and sambar.
To make puli karaisal
Tamarind – 50 g
Peanuts – 1/4 cup ( optional )
Dry chilli – 10
Puliyodharai podi – 1 tsp
Asafoetida / hing / perungayam – 1/4 tsp
Turmeric pdr – 1/4 tsp
Mustard seed – 1 tsp
Urad dal – 1 tsp
Gram dal / Kadalai paruppu – 1 tbsp
1. Dry fry the ingredients to make puliyotharai podi on low flame till you smell the fried aroma. Grind it to a fine powder. We need a tsp of this puliyodharai podi to make pulikaachal. Store the left over podi in a air tight container.
2. Heat a pan with a tsp of oil, fry the peanuts. When you start to hear the popping sounds of peanuts, you will come to know that it has been done. Set it aside.
3. Again heat a kadai with 6 to 8 tbsp of oil, add mustard seed, urad dal and gram dal. When it is spluttering and changing its colour add dry chillies, curry leaves.
4. Now pour the tamarind water ( extract from tamarind pulp ), add turmeric pdr, asafoetida, a tsp of puliyodharai podi and salt. Let it boil for 8 to 10 minutes on high flame.
5. When it starts to thicken and releases oil as outer layer, turn off the stove. Add fried peanuts. This is the pulikachal mixture to make tamarind rice.
6. You can store this pulikachal mixture in refrigerator for about a month.
7. Mix this pulikachal with steamed rice in small quantities depending upon how tangy how spicy you want the rice to be.
You May Like
Written by: Kannathal chinniah