Raagi kali – keppai kali in Tamil – Kezhvaragu urundai
Now let us learn to make ragi kali. In this keppai kali recipe fermenting process increases the taste of this recipe. Please do not try this recipe if you are an asthma patient. In that case you could enjoy this finger millet porridge without fermenting it. Watch this recipe video in Tamil language
Tamil video recipe
raagi flour ( finger millet flour ) – 3/4 cup
cooked rice – 1 cup
Ingredients for curd preparation
curd – 1/2 cup
cumin seed – 1/2 tsp
green chili – 2
curry leaves – 2,3 no.
small onion – 4 no.
finely chopped large onion – 1/2
keppai kali preparation
1. Mix ragi flour with water and let it stay for about 2 to 3 hours.
2. Shift this flour into a heavy bottom vessel and add cooked rice with it.
3. Heat this mixture and stir it continuously until the flour is cooked well. Set aside this ragi kali for 1/2 hour.
4. Take a bowl with 3/4 water. Now with a scoop, shift ragi kali into this water. SEE VIDEO.
5. Cover it and allow this to ferment overnight.
6. For this ragi kali prepare curd as follows.
7. Take 1/2 cup of curd and add chopped onion, curry leaves, cumin seeds, green chili and salt
8. Refrigerate this curd for your breakfast ragi kali recipe.
9. You can have this ragi kali like curd rice.