Ragi roast recipe in Tamil / Kezhvaragu keppai dosai in Tamil
( Seivathu eppadi endra Tamil video ingu inaikkapattullathu )
3. Do not let the batter turn hot while grinding ( in table top grinders ). Hot batter won’t give good result. So place soaked ragi, rice and urad dal for 30 minutes in refrigerator before grinding to avoid the batter becoming hot.
4. Add left over idly batter or dosa batter or a handful of left over rice with batter to speed up the fermentation ( within 8 hours ). Mix salt with batter. Let it sit for 8 hours.
5. Fermented ragi batter is ready to make dosas. You can make only dosas from this batter not idly as the amount of urad dal is little bit more in this kezhvaragu dosai recipe ( to get crispy dosa i have added 2 to 3 tbsp of extra urad dal, if not so you can make idlies also )
6. Mix water with this batter and get dosa batter consistency. Heat tawa, add a tsp of oil and spread it all the sides with a clean cloth. Now you can make dosas, cook both sides till you get crispy ragi dosa.
7. Serve ragi dosa with any chutney.
Written by: Kannathal chinniah