How to make Rasgulla in Tamil / Rasakulla diwali sweet recipe
( Seivathu eppadi endra Tamil video ingu inaikkapattullathu )
Milk – 1/2 litre
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Water – 1 cup ( to make sugar syrup )
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Cardamom – 1/2 tsp ( optional )
1. Boil 1/2 litre of milk in a pan ( to make paneer ). Once it boils turn off the stove, add 1 to 2 tbsp of lemon juice with hot milk. Now milk begins to curdle and paneer has been formed, drain the water completely from the paneer using a clean cloth.
2. Again wash the paneer with fresh water to remove the sour lemon taste from it. Knead the paneer for 10 minutes to get soft rasagulla, or put the paneer in mixer grinder and grind it for two minutes.
3. Now make small balls from the paneer dough. Set aside.
4. In a pan add 3/4 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water, allow it to boil.
5. Now add the rasgulla balls gently into the boiling sugar water. Cook it for 15 minutes on high flame. Do not let the sugar syrup to get thick or thread consistency.To avoid that you can sprinkle water over it at regular intervals.
6. The volume of rasakulla balls will increase at the time of boiling ( double the size ) So use big pan for cooking rasgulla.
7. After cooking it for 15 minutes you can serve rasgulla with its own sugar water.