Rava Kesari – rawa kesari- Indian sweet recipes
Rava kesari, the popular South indian sweet made from semolina / suji rawa , ghee and sugar. This is a quick fix sweet especially if you are in hurry. Tamil video of this rawa kesari is embedded below.
Tamil Video Recipe
Rawa / Suji Rava – 1 cup
Water – 3 cups ( use same cup for measuring )
Sugar – 1 cup
Mango or lime colour – pinch
Cardamom – 1/4 tsp
Ghee – 5 tsp
Oil – 5 tsp
Raisins or cashews – few
1. Roast rawa on low flame till light golden brown and flavou comes ( 6 to 7 minutes ). You can dry roast it , no need for ghee or oil for roasting – keep it in a bowl / plate
2. Roast raisins with a tsp of ghee and set aside.
3. Add food colour with measured water
4. Heat kadai with 5 tsp of ghee – To this add coloured water – bring to boil.
5. Once it starts boiling , turn the heat to medium and slowly add rava – simultaneously keep stirring. SEE VIDEO.
6. Stir well and allow rava to cook for a minute and then add sugar , cardamom powder. When it starts thickening, and leave the sides of the pan you can turn off the stove and garnish rawa kesari with cashews and raisins.