Thakkali dosai – Tomato dosa
This tomato dosa is prepared with very few ingredients including with our regular dosa or idli batter. Kids will love this thakkali dosai for its colour, exotic flavor, magic taste of tomato. Tomato dosa seivathu eppadi endra Tamil video ingu inaikkapattullathu.
Tamil Video Recipe
Dosa batter – 2 cups ( for 4 dosas )
Ground tomato puree – from 1 or 2 tomatoes
Green chilli – 1
Chopped onion – 1 cup
Chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Idli powder / podi – 2 tsp
1. Grind tomato and green chilli to fine puree. Add little salt for this tomato puree.
2. In a kadai heat a tsp of oil and pour this tomato puree and let it dry up till you get thick tomato puree. If you add watery tomato puree with dosa batter you can’t make crispy dosas.
3. Once the thick tomato puree has cooled, mix it with dosa batter.
4. Heat the dosa tawa, once it is hot pour a tsp of oil on the tawa, wipe it up with a clean cloth, pour a ladle of dosa batter and spread it in a circular motion. Sprinkle some onion, coriander leaves and a tsp of idli podi over it. Let this tomato dosa cook for a minute on both sides or till you get crispy dosas.
5. Serve this Thakkali dosai with coconut ginger chutney.
- 1 cup Dosa batter
- 1. Grind tomato and green chilli to fine puree. Add little salt for this tomato puree.
Written by: Kannathal chinniah