Tofu butter masala recipe
Tofu butter masala recipe is a delicious gravy to enjoy with chapati, naan. Tofu is nothing but coagulated soy milk. Now let us learn to make this Punjabi tofu butter masala. Tamil video of this recipe embedded below.
tofu – 1 pack ( 200 g )
tomato – 3
onion – 2
ginger – small piece
garlic cloves – 3
butter – 2 cubes ( 50 g )
cumin seed – 1 tsp
cashews – 10
fresh cream – 2 tbsp.
kasoori methi, cilantro – 1 tbsp.
sugar – 1/2 tsp ( optional )
coriander pdr – 1 1/2 tsp
chili pdr – 3/4 tsp
garam masala pdr – 3/4 tsp
cardamom pdr – 1/4 tsp
cinnamon, cloves – few
1. Grind onion to fine paste ( to sauté )- keep aside separately.
2. Grind tomato, cashews, ginger, garlic & set aside separately.
3. In a pan roast tofu cubes with 2 tsp of oil. – Set aside
4. In a pan add 2 tsp of oil and 1 cube of butter ( 25 g ). Add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, cumin seeds with melted butter and sauté onion paste till raw smell goes off.
5. Now add ground tomato mixture with sautéed onion. Add all powder spices. Saute it for 3 minutes. Now you can add required water , salt & 1/2 tsp of sugar. Adding sugar can give you restaurant style masala and also sour taste of tomatoes can be reduced by this way.
6. Finally add tofu & remaining butter with gravy – Let it boil for 5 minutes- After that garnish it with kasoori methi & cilantro.
7. Serve this tofu paneer butter masala with chapatti, roti, naan.
Soya paneer masala in Tamil – Tofu butter masala