Valaipoo paruppu vadai in Tamil / Dal vada
Today we will learn how to make valaipoo paruppu vadai or banana flower dal vada. This vada is a authentic Tamilnadu delicacy. Seivathu eppadi endra Tamil video ingu inaikkapattullathu
Banana flower 1
Gram dal / kadalai paruppu – 3/4 cup
onion chopped – 3/4 cup
Dry chilli – 2
Fennel seed – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seed – 1/2 tsp
Hing / asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
1. Soak gram dal & rice in water for 1 hour ( in seperate bowl ).
2. Grind soaked rice, cumin seeds, hing, turmeric pdr, dry chilli coarsely until it turns rice rava texture. don’t add water for grinding.
3. In the same mixer grinder without removing ground rice . add soaked gram dal and run the mixer grinder in whipper mode for 1 to 3 sec. only. So that you can get coarsely ground vada dough. With dal dough add chopped onion and curry leaves. Set aside.
4. Remove the hard vein from each banana flower, add these vein removed flower in hot water. Let it boil for 3 minutes. After that drain hot water thoroughly, grind banana flower coarsely. Add it with dal dough mixture. Now this dough is ready to make paruppu vadai.
5. Take lemon sized balls from the dough and gently press it to make vada shape. put it in hot frying oil and fry them till it turns golden brown.
6. Valaipoo paruppu vadai is ready to serve. Thamil Virundhu ‘s Vada / Poha / Puttu Recipe Link
Written by: Kannathal chinniah