Vathal kulambu recipe
Vathal kulambu recipe is an easy , tasty and traditional recipe of south indian’s. Just like other puli kuzhambu we can make it easily. You can use manath thakkali vathal, sundakkai vathal, mithukkal vathal for preparing this arachuvitta vathal kulambu. Tamil video of this recipe is embedded below.
Mithukkal vathal – 9,10
Tomato – 1
Onion – 1/4 cup
Garlic – 8,9
Tamarind – small size
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Fennel seed pdr – 1 tsp – sombu thool
Sambar pdr – 2 tsp or ( dry chili pdr , coriander pdr – 1 tsp each )
Jaggery – small size
Mustard seed – 1/2 tsp,
Cumin seed – 1/2 tsp
Fenuugreek seed – 1/2 tsp
1. Roast vathal with a tsp of oil on low flame. Set it aside.
2. Again heat tawa with 2 tsp of oil and add seasoning ingredients. Once it splutters, saute garlic, onion with curry leaves till it becomes tender. Then add tomato & saute till you get mushy tomatoes. you can add ground tomato also instead of chopped one. So that the consistency will be thicker.
3. Now add all powders and tamarind solution. Let it boil
4. Now take 4 mithukkal vathal and crush it. Keep the remainings as it is. Now add all crushed & whole vathal with boiling kulambu – SEE VIDEO. Crushed vathal gives nice flavour.
5. Add salt & jaggery – let it boil for 10 minutes. If you like you can add 4 tsp of ground coconut with this kulambu.
6. You can serve this vathal puli kulambu with hot rice , idly & dosa
Vathal kulambu in Tamil – Vathal puli kuzhambu seivathu eppadi