Vegetable Cutlet in Tamil – How to make veg cutlet recipe
This vegetable cutlet is a very popular snack and easy to prepare. It can be served as a evening snack or with lunch. Seivathu eppadi endra Tamil video ingu inaikkapattullathu.
Beans, Carrot, Capsicum – 1/4 cup each
Boiled potato – 3
Chopped Green Chilli – 1 tbsp
Chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
Chiili pdr – 3/4 tsp
Garam masala – 3/4 tsp
Coriander pdr – 3/4 tsp
Turmeric pdr – pinch
Suji rawa / rice rawa – 3 tbsp
1. Cook potatoes and peel the skin off. Set aside.
2. Pressure cook the all other vegetables with VERY LESS WATER ( 2 TBSP ) or simply steam cook them. Squeeze out all the water from the cooked vegetables to avoid oily cutlets ( there should not be any moisture in the vegetables ).
3. In a bowl add cooked potatoes, vegetables, chilli pdr, garam masal pdr, coriander pdr, chopped green chilli, chopped coriander leaves, suji rawa, turmeric pdr and salt. Mix and mash them well.
4. Take a lemon sized balls from the cutlet dough and flatten it. Do the same with the left over dough.
5. Heat a kadai with oil to shallow fry ( it can be deep fried ). Fry vegetable cutlets until it attains golden brown on both sides. Serve this vegetable cutlet with tomato ketchup.
Written by: Kannathal chinniah